Courses and Scheduling
This page is for faculty and instructors. Click here for the current/prospective students Course page.
In striving to keep transparency on all departmental practices, below are the guidelines we use for creating our annual schedule and our quarterly schedule.
- Course offering is determined by programmatic needs for both the Undergraduate and Graduate Programs in Sociology
- Care will be taken to ensure that there are minimal conflicts for students
- Undergraduate courses will be spread out throughout the day and week
- Discussion courses will be scheduled to limit possible conflicts between employment and course offerings for graduate students
- Information regarding specific departmental policies can be found here.
Please note that you will need to sign in on your UCSD account through Google to review the link above.
The department understands that when asking for your annual teaching preference in Winter Quarter the previous year, there are many plans that can change.
We ask that when you make a decision that may impact the schedule, that you please include both the MSO and the Undergraduate Coordinator. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
Quarterly Scheduling Deadlines
Initial Course Schedule due
Scheduling Office releases tentative
Schedule of Classes
|Friday Feb 24, 2017||Thursday April 13, 2017||Friday May 5, 2017|
|Tuesday July 25, 2017||Thursday Oct 12, 2017||Friday Nov, 3, 2017|
|Tuesday Oct 24, 2017||Thursday Jan 18, 2018||Friday Feb 9, 2018|
Information regarding the quarterly schedule creation is also available on Blink.
Interested in creating a new course? Or updating an existing course, or even reinstating a now deleted course?
Submit your request using our eCourse Request Form.
Please note, requests must be submitted one full quarter in advance.